In order for a sensor to test a captive portal, a recording of user actions required to navigate the portal must be provided to the Aruba UXI support team.
Before starting make sure that you have configured the SSID on the dashboard and have assigned the SSID to one or more sensors.
To correctly configure a captive portal, support will need the following details:
- An Aruba Recorder output (.fside) file.
- The SSID for which the Captive Portal is for.
- The sensor serial(s).
The process to record user actions is as follows:
- Install the Aruba Recorder tool from the Chrome Web Store
- Make sure you are connected to the correct WiFi SSID, but not authenticated to the portal
- Open Chrome
- Click on the Aruba Recorder extension icon (the green smiley face)
- Click the Record button, which will open a new window and show the captive portal
- Log in to the captive portal
- Click the Aruba Recorder extension icon again, and click the Stop button
- Find the recording.json file in your downloads
Lastly, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include the sensor serial, the name of the SSID and the recording output file.