The Cape sensor supports static IP address allocation in addition to DHCP support. You can use this option to configure a static IP on your sensor if your network does not have a DHCP server.
Find it here:
- Dashboard Settings
- Sensor Config
- Edit (pencil)
- Select Configure for an SSID
- Select Static IP under Configure IP
IP configuration panels include:
- IP address: the IPv4 address of the sensor.
- Subnet Mask: the subnetwork mask of the IP address.
- Gateway: the gateway or router to be configured for the sensor.
- Primary DNS Server: the IPv4 address of the primary DNS server.
- Secondary DNS Server: the IPv4 address of the secondary DNS server.
- Search Domain: the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) used by the resolver to resolve a FQDN from a relative name
Note: You can hover over the titles in the modal to get more information.