While the dashboard set-up is very intuitive, you can refer to this article should you get stuck or need some more information.
You know your sensor is on the way or you have received it, either way, we hope you are excited to start the journey.
Before you get started with your sensor, please familiarize yourself with the following:
If you would like the sensor to access your Wi-Fi network through a captive portal, here is a link to Captive portal set-up instructions.
You can configure a proxy for your Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection if required for external connectivity.
The UXI sensor supports static IP address allocation in addition to DHCP.
You should whitelist some URL's during the set-up to allow the sensor to communicate with our cloud service.
Right, so you have your order and you are ready to go!
Here is a short video of what to expect or continue to read the article below:
- Activate your account here: https://capenetworks.com/activate
In the screenshot below you will see the following fields:
Email: Fill in the main admin user's email
Name: First Name
Company: Match the company to the Purchase order
Resolve the captcha and then click on Activate
If you have not received these emails with activation key and PO, please contact your Aruba Sales or Channel Account representative to follow up.
Send the following to the Aruba User Experience Insight team via firstname.lastname@example.org:
Serial number: find this on the back of your sensor
MAC Address: find this on the back of your sensor
Company Name: advisable to match the Company name on your Purchase Order
User Name User Email: Primary user’s email
After successful activation, you will receive an email to set-up your password to the dashboard. Once password is updated, you will be able to access your dashboard.
2. Plug in your sensor with the provided power adapter or with PoE.
Sensor status is visible on the dashboard shortly after power is applied.
When the sensor is powered on, it runs a startup software that facilitates faster on-boarding. It uploads an AP scan while the main software is still starting up. On an Ethernet connection, the sensor should be detected on the dashboard within 30 seconds. On a mobile connection, the sensor should be detected on the dashboard within 40 seconds.
If the on-boarding software is not successful, the main software has to run before the dashboard can detect the sensor. The sensor should be detected within 2 minutes.
If you configure the sensor to update to the latest release from the dashboard, it will take about 5 minutes from power up for the sensor to start testing an SSID. On a bad mobile connection, or if there are multiple releases, it can take 15 minutes from power up for the sensor to start testing an SSID.
3. Make sure your sensor is connected to the internet before beginning the onboarding process. For more on sensor connectivity, see Sensor LED Status Light.
You also need to whitelist URL's for your sensor to successfully communicate with our back-end.
4. Set up your password using the link in the follow-up email from User Experience Insight.
5. Click on the Set Up My Sensor button
6. Read and agree to the End User License Agreement.
7. Click on the It's Plugged In button for the dashboard to find and connect to the sensor.
8. Once the sensor and dashboard are connected, click on the Let's Set It Up button on the dashboard.
9. In the SSID field, select the SSID you want to test from the dropdown list or select Custom SSID and typing it into the field.
10. Fill out the other fields on the SSID page as relevant to your network.
Note While Configuring SSID:
- If you select Passphrase, you will need to enter a passphrase.
- If you select Enterprise, you will need to fill in the relevant security information and upload a PKCS#12 File.
- If you fill out any information or select any options in Passphrase or Enterprise, they are not cleared if you ultimately select Open security. You will have to manually clear every thing before selecting Open and clicking the Add button.
11. Select at least 3 services for the sensor to test from the list of options on the right side of the screen. You can start thinking about which services are most important to your business to test and either select them now or change them later once your set-up is complete.
12. Toggle the Send Notification option on or off to determine whether or not notifications are sent to the email address linked to your account. You could switch it off for the first 24 hours and turn it on again to avoid influx of initial set-up alerts.
13. Click on the Ready to Test button.
14. (Optional) Click on the Add A User button on the left side of the screen to add a new user.
- Enter the credentials for the new user in the fields on the right side of the screen.
- Select whether you want them to have Administrator or Read Only access.
- Click on the Add User button on the right side of the screen. They will receive an email with an invitation to set up their account.
- Repeat these steps for all of the users you want to add.
For more information on users click here
15. Click on the Done button to complete setup and access the dashboard.
Below are links to the rest of the onboarding series:
2. Onboarding - Networks
3. Onboarding - Sensor Grouping and Hierarchy
4. Onboarding - Testing
5. Onboarding - Thresholds
6. Onboarding - Alerts
7. Onboarding - Company
8. Onboarding Dashboard Troubleshooting