SETTINGS PAGE (shortcut - 's')
- General: Add test details; Group Management
- Advanced: Ethernet Testing; WiFi Explorer; PCAP; Location of sensor (hover over for description)
- If looking at all sensors, click + for location and specific details. Also navigate to specific sensor
- Add SSID’s/Alias/Wired Networks and authentication methods. Each sensor can support up to 4 networks. Today 1 must be wireless.
- Monitor specific bands: create aliases with band lock option set to 2.4GHz or 5GHz (Advanced)
- Advanced: “External connectivity” disables testing, errors, and notifications related to external connectivity
- All EAP: Note: 802.1x is an authentication mechanism the sensor acts as a supplicant and the actual server doing the authentication for the 802.1x connection is typically a RADIUS server
- Proxy support
TESTING: Configure your network tests
The core tests are non-configurable, and they may run more often to triage root cause.
Test Configuration Pre-canned and Your Own Tests.
- Custom Webserver: Disable SSL validation
- Custom VoIP: test to an internal/external IP address. Select custom VoIP MOS testing
- Slack: real time messaging API testing (gives metrics indicative of actual slack chat usage)
- Telnet: Custom test against a Telnet server which will connect using Telnet (retail scanners)
- General: general targets
- Meraki AP & ZAP (Ruckus): Tests performance using the app as end point
- Groupings available: All Tests do not need to be on all sensors
THRESHOLDS: Makes your smiley face smile
- Configure thresholds, RSI, Bitrate, DNS etc.
- It is advised to let your sensor collect data for a couple of days/weeks, then benchmark what is good/bad for your network, you can adjust the thresholds accordingly
- Create “Mutes” Configure duration
- Enable Weekly Report
- Webhooks: support for Slack, Service Now, Iris Networks currently, also status API
- Add Admin/Read only (Filtering to specific groups/locations available)
- Audit Log’s available (12 hours past data)