While the dashboard set-up is very intuitive, you can refer to this article should you get stuck or need some more information.
You know your sensor is on the way or you have received it, either way, we hope you are excited to start the journey.
UXI Sensors or agents are vendor agnostic digital experience monitoring solution that can test and monitor any network.
Note: You can always create a UXI dashboard account without a sensor or agent but we always recommend having a sensor or agent handy as you progress through the further onboarding steps.
Before you get started with your sensor, please familiarize yourself with the following:
HPE Aruba Networking UXI agent for Zebra onboarding: If you are looking for information on setting up a UXI agent for Zebra devices, please follow the below links.
1. Start a Trial
If you have not received these emails with the activation key and PO, please contact your Aruba Sales or Channel Account representative to follow up.
Send the following to the Aruba User Experience Insight team via firstname.lastname@example.org:
Serial number: find this on the back of your sensor
MAC Address: find this on the back of your sensor
Company Name: advisable to match the Company name on your Purchase Order
User Email: Primary user’s email
Right, so you have your order and you are ready to go!
Here is a short video of what to expect or continue to read the article below:
HPE Aruba Networking UXI sensor onboarding:
Activate your account from the new activation page here: http://sensor.arubanetworks.com/start
In the screenshot below you will see the following fields:
Name: First Name
Surname: Last Name
Email: Fill in the main admin user's email
Click on Next
After successful activation, you will receive an email to set up your password to the dashboard.
Once the password is updated, you will be able to log in to the dashboard.
2. Please read and agree to the terms and conditions of EULA.
Note: If you already have a UXI account and wants to activate a new account then you can navigate to Settings > Switch Account > "Activate new account"
3. Add your subscription key received in your PO.
4. Enter account/company name for the dashboard and specify billing information.
5. Now you can go to your UXI account to set up the sensor.
6. Click on the Setup my first sensor button.
7. Enter the serial number and the mac address for the sensor.
8. Plugin your sensor with the provided power adapter or with PoE.
Sensor status is visible on the dashboard shortly after power is applied.
When the sensor is powered on, it runs startup software that facilitates faster onboarding. It uploads an AP scan while the main software is still starting up. On an Ethernet connection, the sensor should be detected on the dashboard within 30 seconds. On a mobile connection, the sensor should be detected on the dashboard within 40 seconds.
If the onboarding software is not successful, the main software has to run before the dashboard can detect the sensor. The sensor should be detected within 2 minutes.
If you configure the sensor to update to the latest release from the dashboard, it will take about 5 minutes from power up for the sensor to start testing an SSID. On a bad mobile connection, or if there are multiple releases, it can take 15 minutes from power up for the sensor to start testing an SSID.
Make sure your sensor is connected to the internet before beginning the onboarding process. For more on sensor connectivity, see Sensor LED Status Light.
The UXI sensor supports static IP address allocation in addition to DHCP.
You should allowlist URLs during the set-up to allow the sensor to communicate with our cloud service.
9. In the SSID field, select the SSID you want to test from the dropdown list or type it into the field manually.
Fill out the other fields on the SSID page as relevant to your network.
Note While Configuring SSID:
If you select Passphrase, you will need to enter a passphrase.
If you select Enterprise, you will need to fill in the relevant security information and upload a PKCS#12 File.
If you fill out any information or select any options in Passphrase or Enterprise, they are not cleared if you ultimately select Open security. You will have to manually clear everything before selecting Open and clicking the Add button.
10. Select at least 3 services for the sensor to test from the list of options on the right side of the screen. You can start thinking about which services are most important to your business to test and either select them now or change them later once your set-up is complete. Toggle the Send Notification option on or off to determine whether or not notifications are sent to the email address linked to your account. You could switch it off for the first 24 hours and turn it on again to avoid the influx of initial set-up alerts. Click on the Ready to Test button.
11. (Optional) Click on the Add A User button on the left side of the screen to add a new user.
Enter the credentials for the new user in the fields on the right side of the screen.
Select whether you want them to have Administrator or Read-Only access.
Click on the Add User button on the right side of the screen. They will receive an email with an invitation to set up their account.
Repeat these steps for all of the users you want to add.
For more information on users click here
12. Click on the Go to the dashboard button to complete the setup and access the dashboard.
Below are links to the rest of the onboarding series:
2. Onboarding - Networks
3. Onboarding - Sensor Grouping and Hierarchy
4. Onboarding - Testing
5. Onboarding - Thresholds
6. Onboarding - Alerts
7. Onboarding - Company
8. Onboarding Dashboard Troubleshooting